Located next to Greater Kruger National Park, is the award winning Monwana Game Lodge. This elegant lodge is the ideal getaway for honeymooners, couples and families wanting to experience 4-star accommodations, gourmet cuisine and the ultimate in "Big Five" game viewing.
Monwana Game Lodge is designed with Africa in mind, from draped bed posts to wraparound wooden verandas. After a day's game viewing our guests spend their evenings either watching herds of impala stroll by in the comfort of their own private decks, spending quality time with their little ones in the privacy of their own front gardens, or enjoying candle lit intimacy with a significant other - while our personalised service and world class cuisine wait on you.
Monwana Game Lodge also hosts an outdoor swimming pool just a minutes' walk from all suites and central Gazebo. If the ultimate weekend break is what you're after, guests can soak up the delicate sounds of birds chirping and cicadas singing under the African sun on comfortable pool loungers in between game drives.
Monwana Game Lodge is Thornybush Nature Reserve collection's most homely operation, ensuring personal service, unpretentious comfort and World Class Safaris. Whilst the size of the Lodge and central Boma and Gazebo decks attract relaxed socialising, the configuration of the self-contained luxury suites provides for privacy and a pleasurable retreat.
At Monwana Game Lodge our motto is "Arrive as strangers, leave as friends", so let our 4-star accommodations, wildlife encounters and natures splendour take your breath away.
Awe-inspiring views and game safaris are complemented by the 4 star luxury accommodations. There are 4 suites in total; 2 Family suites, 1 luxury King size suite and 1 elegant Honeymoon suite each with its own private deck or patio overlooking rugged bushveld or the peaceful Monwana watering hole. Due to the intimate size of the lodge, a cosy ambiance and comfortable spacious layout has always been of the greatest importance to Monwana Game Lodge staff and guests.
The Luxury King size suite provides royal intimacy with its en-suite king size room, king size bed swathed in cloth, adjoining private lounge and open fireplace. It also offers a large private deck overlooking the waterhole.
The Family suites sleep 4 and provide ultimate family comfort with air-conditioned spacious rooms, large fully equipped bathrooms, luxurious bed linen and an unpretentious style that is at once both homely and graceful. Similarly to the King size suite, the Family suites' wooded patio allows for fantastic outdoor evening entertaining.
The Deluxe Honeymoon suite is the ultimate in indulgence. Offering breathtaking views, the luxurious open plan bathroom includes a large sunken bath from which to view exquisite vistas over the savannah. The outdoor veranda is carefully designed for intimate entertaining and romantic retreat.
All individual suites boast full en-suite bathrooms with both bath and shower facilities. Sweeping panoramic views over the untamed bushveld and ever active waterholes can be viewed from the large glass windows.
– Superb accommodation and highly personalized service make for a memorable stay but preparing for your trip can ensure even greater comfort. We’ve put together a few travel trips to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay.
– Although the Reserve is only situated in a low risk malaria area, we still advise all travellers to take prophylactics prescribed by your medical doctor. Mosquito repellent spray and nets are provided in each suite to ensure our guests have a good night sleep.
Time to travel:
– Each season offers guests a unique wildlife experience. Our summers (September – April) are hot but tolerable. Spectacular afternoon thunderstorms occur during the months of November through to March. Daytime summer temperatures (September – April) are high and may soar above 36°C/97°F.
– Winter (May – August) is dry and generally easier to view game as the bush is not as dense. Due to the scarcity of water for animals during these months, waterholes are prime game viewing spots. Winters have chilly nights and crisp early mornings (minimum 3°C/38°F), but the days are fine and warm.
– It is recommended that you dress warmly for the game drives during the winter months.
Gearing up for your stay:
– Monwana provides hairdryers, commonly used international adaptors and torches in all suites. It is advisable to bring an international adaptor with you as not all other accommodation places provide this. Binoculars and camera are a necessity in order for you not to miss out on those special moments!
Monwana Game Lodge is located in the middle of approximately 14,000 hectares of nature reserve. The lodges views and vistas are a photographer's paradise. This, coupled with the comfort of the lodge's socialising hub will help create memories that will last a lifetime.
During the day, guests can enjoy the deck at one of the two central living areas which overlooks the banks of the dry Monwana River bed, the ecological backbone of the Thornybush Nature Reserve.
Experiencing magic is easy at Monwana Game Lodge. The Boma offers a braai accompanied by a choice of superb Cape wines to be enjoyed under the African night sky. Hospitality is world class with undivided attention to personal service and cuisine, while the surroundings and African bush night life are unforgettable.
For ultimate relaxation, the Gazebo, an open air thatched lounge, is a prime spot overlooking the watering hole. This focal point of Monwana Game Lodge provides the perfect environment for guests to socialise or simply enjoy viewing the assortment of animals visiting the waterhole.
In winter, the lodge bar and lounge provides the perfect comfort to keep you warm and snug. With an open fire place and a selection of drinks and snacks on offer you will be made to feel at home.
Millions of visitors from around the globe flock to South Africa to experience the legendary wildlife that South African game parks offer,.
Located in the Greater Kruger National Park, the nature reserve provides 14 000 hectares of game and bird viewing, exclusively for your pleasure.
At Monwana Game Lodge experience the regal 'Big five' of South African wildlife, which includes one of the most impressive land animals on earth, the Elephant as well as the Leopard, Rhino, Lion and Buffalo. Find peace in the sound of crickets under a star studded sky or, study the resident bird life particularly the "Big Six" which includes the Saddle-billed Stork, Kori Bustard, Martial Eagle, Lappet-faced Vulture, Pel's Fishing owl and Ground Hornbill. Game drives are experienced in custom-made, open topped Land Cruisers, along with a tracker and a highly experienced guide. The game drives offer exhilarating adventures, from experiencing the thundering roar of lions across an endless savannah, to catching a glimpse of a camouflaged cheetah or a hippopotamus guarding its young. Walking safaris are no less thrilling, letting oneself get in tune with nature while walking through vast landscapes.
With our trained guides and trackers and extensive knowledge of South African wildlife, guests leave Monwana Game Lodge with a not only unforgettable memories but stories that they will pass on.
Both morning and afternoon game drives are relaxed and informative. The afternoon game drive departs after a light lunch and goes on until after the sun has gone down, allowing visitors to view seldom seen nocturnal species by spotlight as they wonder out of sheltered hideouts to drink, forage and stalk.
The concept of a 'safari' paints an adventurous picture, filled with hazy sunsets and untamed wildlife, we can't wait to be part of your South African Safari experience.
► From R5502.56 Per Person Sharing Per Night
► From R8254.40 Single Person Per Night
THE ABOVE RATES INCLUDE:
– All meals, teas, coffees; snacks
– Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruisers and bushveld walks
– Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodge does offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
THE ABOVE RATES EXCLUDE:
– Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
– Conservation Fee TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
TOMSA LEVY AND CONSERVATION FEES:
– Conservation fee of R395.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R9.00 per person per night (4* Lodges) – to be settled on reservations invoice – WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT