The majestic Northern Drakensberg Mountains provide a spectacular backdrop to the understated luxury found at the Big Five Jackalberry Lodge in the, Limpopo Province, South Africa.
Jackalberry Lodge gets the balance right, by combining down-to-earth hospitality with all those little extras. Enthusiastic attention to detail, genuine African hospitality, and a pristine location on the edge of the Kruger National Park, make this exclusive lodge the ideal destination for honeymooners, couples and families.
– Morning and afternoon/evening game safaris
– Walking and birding safaris can also be arranged as Jackalberry is a paradise for bird-watchers
– Swimming Pool
– Curio Shop
– Internet and Satellite TV are also available
– Open-air dining area or around the fire in the boma
– The luxury accommodation for up to 16 guests creates a restful ethnic
– ambience in harmony with nature. Attention to detail and true South African
– hospitality will charm guests and leave them with a true sense of real beauty and warmth.
– Every sense is indulged in the chalet style rooms with en-suite bathroom, air conditioning and patios offering comfort and sheer decadence with African flair.
In room facilities:
– Tea/Coffee Station
– Safe, Guest Amenities
– Mini Bar, Air-Conditioning
– Mosquito Nets
– Private patio.
Jackalberry Game Lodge offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Cruisers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly thick lush bush and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
– Breakfast / brunch 10h00 to 11h30
– Light Lunch 14H00 / 14H30
– Dinner Winter 19h30-20h00
– Dinner Summer 20H00 - 20H30
– Meals: Buffet/a la carte/table d'hote/ continental/English breakfast
Morning times that the game drives depart
– Summer 05H00 Wake up call/ Morning tea 05H30 Depart 05H45
– Winter 05H30 Wake up call/ Morning tea 06H00 Depart 06H15
Times that the walks depart
– Summer After breakfast
– Winter After breakfast
Afternoon/Evening times that the game drives depart
– Summer Depart 16H00
– Winter Depart 15H30
A typical day
The day starts as dawn breaks over the African bushveld. After your early morning wakeup call, coffee, tea & rusks are served at the main lounge area. Shortly after, you depart in your open Land Cruiser with your experienced Rangers and Trackers who will share their extensive knowledge of the bush with you. These drives are undertaken at times best suited for game viewing which vary depending on the season but typically start early morning. Where applicable you may be invited out of the vehicle to see tracks, examine certain plants and follow spoor.
After an exhilarating hunt for tracks to see what the animals have been up to during the night, and tracking down whatever you find, you will stop somewhere out in the bush for a break of coffee & tea. Time to stretch your legs whilst having your sunglasses cleaned. In winter, we keep our guests warm on the vehicle with hot water bottles & warm blankets.
After a sumptuous Breakfast is served either back at the camp, guests are offered walks to suit their interests and fitness levels and are accompanied by an armed ranger and tracker.
Walks allow guests a better chance to see some of the smaller creatures of the bush as well as an opportunity to learn more about the flora and fauna of the region & to have a chance to follow tracks in more detail.
Our Shangaan trackers will enthral you with their explanations of the medicinal and other uses of the numerous plants and trees along with tales of traditional folklore.
The rest of the day is spent at the discretion of the guest for other activities that we offer, with a delicious lunch being served around 14:00 in Winter and 14:30 in Summer.
The afternoon game drive is preceded by high tea and extends into the evening to view seldom seen nocturnal species by torchlight.
Upon returning for a gourmet three course dinner, either in the boma or lodge - guests can socialise around the campfire or lounge before retiring to bed.
Where possible, safaris will be tailored to suit individual preferences and interest.
► From R5502.56 Per Person Sharing Per Night
► From R8254.40 Single Person Per Night
THE ABOVE RATES INCLUDE:
– All meals, teas, coffees; snacks
– Dawn and dusk safaris in open land cruisers and bushveld walks
– Children 2 – 5 yrs of age are not permitted on game drive – lodges do offer babysitting facilities at an additional cost
THE ABOVE RATES EXCLUDE:
– Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
– Conservation Fee TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs.
TOMSA LEVY AND CONSERVATION FEES:
– Conservation fee of R395.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R9.00 per person per night (4* Lodges) – to be settled on reservations invoice – WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT